Legacy Of All Saints’
The history of this gigantic institution dates back to 1855 when Rt. Rev. Daniel Murphy, the Vicar Apostolic of Hyderabad started it at the request of the then Nizam of Hyderabad, Fourth Asaf Nasirud Dowla Bahadur. Rt. Rev. Mgr. Caproti was appointed as its first Rector in 1858.
At the invitation of Bishop Vismara of Hyderabad and on the insistence of His Holiness Pope Pius IX, the Montfort Brothers of St. Gabriel took charge of the Management of this historic institution in 1932 with Rev. Bro. Rosius as its first Brother Rector. In 1933 Rev. Bro. M. Paul, an able administrator, took over as the first Indian Rector and developed All Saints’ as one of the best Secondary Schools, both academically and infrastructure wise in the Nizam’s Dominion. With the dawn of Independence in 1947, there came one of its most revered and best-known Rector, Rev. Bro. John of God. Under successive Rectors and teams of dedicated staff, it then grew from strength to strength, staying at the very heart of the Bhagyanagar.
Due to inadequate accommodation, and to meet the growing demands for admission, and to mark the Centenary Year of the Institution, four schools were branched out between 1953 and 1955, viz., St. Peter’s High School (housing the present Primary sections), Little Flower High School, St. Paul’s High School and St. Mark’s Boys Town. All Saints’ was an exclusively boys school and it was in the year 1996 that co-education was introduced in the L.K.G. In 2011-2012, the Kindergarten was weaned away and renamed as All Saints’ Preparatory School.
Keeping to the vision of its Patron, St. Louis Marie de Montfort, who said, “Those whom the world rejects must move you the most,” the Telugu Medium for boys was started in the year 1991 here at All Saints’ High School. This has helped us to reach education to the needy and to the illiterate sections of the society, free of cost. And, with a futuristic vision and with a view to give the very best to these most deserving candidates of our social milieu, we have switched over to English Medium in a phased manner and these integrated sections are being brought into the main stream.
Over a century and a half, All Saints’ has grown to massive proportions, not only in its over-all edifice, but more so in its educational content and clientele. Students who graduated from here have made their indelible mark in all parts of the world as well as in all domains of human endeavours, carrying with them the essence of the wisdom of the ages…! It can be said that All Saints’ is not a mere organization, but a phenomenal movement that has and continues to influence and radically alter the lives of thousands of denizens, as a part of its laudable tradition of contributing its best to make the world a better place to live in. Indeed, this historic academic hub manifests the opulence of diverse cultural and varied socio-economic classes.
This school belongs to that elite group of just over 20 schools in India with a record of long, uninterrupted academic history. With the School Motto ‘Virtue Alone Ennobles,’ as far as the history of this school is concerned, the Management over here has been constantly attempting at concretizing our Montfortian Vision and Mission of Holistic and Integral Education of Youth.