1855-1858 (Rt. Rev. Mgr. Daniel Murphy)
Rt. Rev. Mgr. Daniel Murphy, at the age of 30, became the first Vicar Apostolic of Hyderabad during the 18th year of the reign of the Fourth Nizam, Asaf Nasirud Dowla Bahadur. Two years prior to the Great Indian Mutiny, on the 11th day of June, in the year 1855, he founded a school at the request of his Highness and named it College of All Hallows after his Alma Mater in Ireland. It was then at Maretts Bunglow at Basheerbagh and educated only the English and the Anglo-Indian students of His Highness, the Nizams army staff. Three years after, he persuaded the Superior General of Milan Foreign Mission Society to adopt the College of All Hallows and six years after that he left for Ireland owing to his ill-health.
1858 -1881 ( Rev. Father Peter Caprotti)
Rev. Father Peter Caprotti was sent as its first Rector. Though the number of students increased. Fr. Caprotti had to keep shifting, and moved to more spacious buildings; first near the State Library, then to Asad Bagh and to Rumbold Kothe and finally settled down at Gunfoundry. As the school was not prospering. Bishop Murphy recommended the closing down of the school and starting an orphanage in its place. But the generosity and support of His Highness, the Nizam and his Prime Minister Sir Salar Jung the Great, saw not only the growth of the school, but also to be declared the best educational institution in Hyderabad and the opening of an orphanage the very next year. In 1870, there were 105 students in what the school then was known as Seminary and College of All Saints. Although the number went down to 85 in 1872, his vigorous effort saw it swell to 151 in 1874. It was the growing popularity of the institution that made the Missionary Fathers procure the land at this majestic location in 1874 and Rev. Fr. Malberti, the Assistant Rector, built the main double-storeyed building. Though he left All Saints to become the Bishop of Hyderabad in 1881, he continued to be the patron of All Saints Institution till 1895, then he left for Italy due to his ill-health. He continued to be the moving spirit behind the institution and put it on sound managerial and administrative foundation. The Caprotti Hall was the standing monument recognizing his service.
1881- 1897 ( Rev. Fr. Carlino )
Rev. Fr. Carlino, became its second Rector when Rev. Fr. Caprotti became the Bishop. In 1883 the institution received recognition and recorded cent percent result in the first batch of Middle School Examinations under the Madras Board of Education. In 1888 the Education Inspector Mothamad Jung in his report said, “No institution can rival it at present in its steady adherence to the curriculum of the Madras Board". The demise of Bishop Caprotti, Rev. Fr. Carlino and Mr. Norton, its headmaster in quick succession aggravated the crisis and the strength dwindled from 234 to 166.
1897-1898 ( Rev. Fr. Vigano )
All Saints’ recovered immediately after Rev. Fr. Vigano was made its Rector. Once again All Saints’ began securing 100% passes.
1898 -1899 ( Rev. Fr. Negri )
When Rev. Fr. Vigano was made the Bishop, in 1898, the mantle fell on Rev. Fr. Negri and All Saints’ continued to progress.
1899 -1904 ( Rev. Fr. Civati )
In 1899 Rev. Fr. Civati was made the Rector and the number of students went upto 215. The Director made a special note of the excellent work of the great teachers like Fr. Barrett, Mr. O. ’Kelly and Mr. Sivasankaran lyer in his report.
1904 -1906 ( Rev. Fr. Colli )
Under Rev. Fr. Colli’s Rectorship the number of students swelled to 370 students but there was a fall in the percentage c passes and this made many students of higher classes abandon studies.
1906 -1908 ( Rev. Fr. Pagani )
Rev. Fr. Pagani had to struggle to keep the numbers from going down. The Director even recommended that the school should confine itself only to Lower Secondary syllabus so that it could improve the results.
1908 -1924 ( Rev. Fr. Garbelli )
Rev. Fr. Garbelli became the Rector in 1908 and set about introducing Kindergarten methodology of teaching, and other useful activities like drawing, needle work, sports and games, shorthand and typing, printing etc. He built up the Science Laboratory and the King George V Coronation Memorial Building to house the laboratory and the library. Being a member of the Board of SLC, he introduced Moral Science Training. Consequently, the result improved, and the school strength rose to over 500. Finding that the students outnumbered the available facilities, he built the Salar Jung Memorial Kindergarten Building in 1914 with the help of Sir Salar Jung. In 1915, the First Old Boys Association was formed.. The World War I, the economic strains and the plague took its toll on All Saints and the number dwindled to 311.
1924 -1925 ( Rev. Fr. Grassi )
Rev. Fr. Grassi was Rector only for two years and inspite of the plague the number of students rose to 324.
1925 -1927 ( Rev. Fr. Paul Ryan )
For the next three years, the school came under the order of Franciscan Missionaries. They tried to restructure the institution. Scouting movement under Mr. Sivan made tremendous progress. Rev. Fr. Paul Ryan then got transferred.
1927 - 1928 ( Rev. Fr. E. Reilly )
Under Rev. Fr. E. Reilly the school continued to make progress. Unfortunately. in 1928 Rev. Fr. E. Reilly was also called back.
1928 - 1929 ( Rev. Fr. Dufresne )
Bishop Denis Vismara called upon the services of the Missionaries of Francis de Sales from Nagpur to take charge of All Saints’. Rev. Fr. Dufresne was a great builder, teacher and sportsman. It was then that the poor boys section in the school, to be made a separate Middle School, was suggested. The seeds of founding St. Peter’s School were sown. Mr. Sebastian Mascarenhas was awarded the prestigious ‘Gokhale Scholar.’
1929 - 1932 ( Rev. Fr. Stefanatti )
Unable to get the priests to run the institution. Bishop Vismara finally entrusted the school to his own priest Rev. Fr. Stefanatti, but after Rev. Fr. Stefanatti relinquished the office in 1932 due to his ill-health, the school was once again without a shepherd.
1932 - 1933 ( Rev. Bro. Rosius )
It was then in June, 1932 Bishop Vismara invited the Brothers of St. Gabriel to take charge of All Saints’ High School. After expressing much reluctance, the Brothers accepted the invitation and appointed Rev. Bro. Rosius as its first Rector in 1932. Ill- health forced him to give the charge of the school to Rev. Bro. M. Paul in December 1933.
1934 -1947 ( Rev. Bro. M. Paul )
Rev. Bro. M. Paul officially became the Rector and continued in the office for 13 ½ years. Any doubt people must have had about an Indian heading an English school vanished soon. Buildings were renovated and made spotlessly clean. He equipped the school with furniture, maps, laboratory materials, books, a radio and a piano. Scouting, sports, class-excursions, Parents Day Celebrations, School Magazine. etc. were started. Teaching was streamlined, the result shot up from 40 % to 100 % and the strength rose to 998. In 1935, the Jubilee Hall was declared open by His Highness General Walashan Nawab Azam Jah Bahadur, the Prince of Berar. The Victory Hall also found its place in All Saints’ in 1943 and in the same year, the play ground, the pride of All Saints’ was also born. Thus, a sloping piece of land was turned into a flat piece of land. Rev. Bro. M. Paul’s hard work was duly rewarded, when the school got the best result in the Nizams Dominion and he rightly secured the Gokhale Award.
1947 -1958 ( Rev. Bro. John of God )
In 1947, at the dawn of Independence, Rev. Bro. John of God was appointed the Rector. His experience of working under Rev. Bro. M. Paul in All Saints’ for 7 years added to his advantage. He maintained the momentum of progress. The school began to burst at its seams, as more and more sought the services of the school during the post independence period. So, instead of making the buildings dominate over space for movement, he sought to branch out to other places. This resulted in All Saints’ extending itself into Mr. Fano’s building at Chirag Ali Lane. 719 All Saintsians and their teachers became the first members of the Little Flower High School in 1953 and the wishes of the inspector became a reality 25 years after he had pronounced it. In 1954 St. Peter’s Middle School housed the poor students of All Saints’. The students were given free education or had to pay a nominal fee.
1958 -1962 ( Rev. Bro. John of Sacred Heart )
All Saints’ was blessed with continuity. Rev. Bro. M. Paul, Rev. Bro. John of God and then Rev. Bro. John of Sacred Heart who had worked under Rev. Bro. John of God from 1950 to 1955, became the Rector in 1958. The scattered school buildings got amalgamated into the majestic Montfort Block that is always associated with the All Saints’ landscape and he was bestowed the National Award for Teachers. What a fitting tribute to St. Montfort, thanks to Rev. Bro. John of Sacred Heart and Mr. Chandulal Dangoria, its architect! Decentralization of Academic Administrative System saw the school maintaining excellence. The great sportsmen the institution gave to the nation stand testimony to the excellence of non-academic training it gave to its students.
1962- 1964, 1965 - 1969 ( Rev. Bro. Felix )
Rev. Bro. Felix stepped into the shoes of Rev. Bro John of the Sacred Heart in 1962. All Saints’ was led by him from 1982 to 1964 and again from 1967 to 1969. A new two-floor building accommodated the Primary Section of All Saints’. 1965 to 1988 was a period of transition.
1964 - 1965 ( Rev. Bro. Martialis )
Rev. Bro. Martialis, the Rector managed to weather the storm adequately and the arrival of Rev. Bro. Felix for the second time saw to it that All Saints’ sailed over calm seas.
1969 - 1978 ( Rev. Bro. John de Britto )
Rev. Bro. John de Britto saw to the completion of St. Peter’s School, which became the Primary Block of All Saints and got the Victory Hall vacated. The Family Helper Project was started to help the less fortunate students who were affected by the transfer of St. Peters Management, it still continues under the able guidance of Bro. Paul Chalil doing a great service to the locality. The strained management — teacher relationship affected the academic performance. But All Saints’ recouped in no time. New ideas were implemented during the time of Bro. Celestine and Bro. Vincent.
1978 - 1980 ( Rev. Bro. Celestine )
Rev. Bro. Celestine took over the reigns of Rectorship of All Saints’ at a time when discipline needed to be revamped and the fear of the Lord put into students. It is to his credit that he succeeded in achieving the aim within a short span of time. He was also instrumental in introducing Value Education for all and Faith Formation for Catholic students.
1980 —1982 ( Rev. Bro. Vincent )
Rev. Bro. Vincent was the Rector of All Saints’ High School from 1980 to 1982. His yeomen service in the field of education for nearly three decades was given due recognition when he was given the Best Teacher Award in the State in 1991. His very presence commanded discipline, yet he did not lack in the milk of human-kindness.
1982 —1986 ( Rev. Bro. K M. Joseph )
A soft-spoken amiable person that Rev. Bro. K. M. Joseph is, his elevation to the coveted post of Rector of All Saints’ at a very young age, came as a pleasant surprise. His love for cricket was so much that he was affectionately called the Cricket Brother. The credit of nurturing and guiding Md. Azharuddin as a great cricketer goes to Rev. Bro. K M. Joseph to a great extent. He took All Saints’ to the international map of cricket without in any way moving away from academic excellence. It goes without saying that he was a great inspiration to both staff and students during the four years he was the Rector of this great institution.
1986 — 1990 ( Rev. Bro. P T. Joseph )
The last remnant of make shift buildings saw their exit during Bro. P. T. Josephs time. A stationery block, toilets for High School and Primary, creation of a Primary playground were the developments of his time. He maintained a very cordial relationship between the Staff, the parents and the public. He also improved the quality of education by organizing Value Education seminars and Refresher Courses.
1990 - 1993 ( Rev. Bro. N. C. Mathew )
Rev. Bro. N. C. Mathew is a person who has generosity in character, moderation in success, humanity in execution and above all dynamism. Restructuring the evaluation system, new syllabus creation with text books in the K.G.s Common Examinations, social involvement, new methodologies of teaching, a stage in the Victory Hall, relocation of the lab, staff rooms and canteen, modernization of the Rectors office and school office were taken up by him. The starting of the Steering Committee, The Montfort Cultural Festival, hosting the Montfort Games, streamlining the Montfortian Educational System of the Central Province, Staff Development Programmes, rejuvenating the Old Boys and Parent Teacher Bodies were the higher water marks of those years. The credit of starting Telugu Medium in All Saints’ to cater to the educational needs of the poor goes to him. Thanks to his vision, we have today 500 students getting free education on par with the English Medium students. The school was set on its run way under his dynamic direction.
1993 - 1996 ( Rev. Bro. Thomas Aquinas )
Under the able guidance of Rev. Bro. Thomas Aquinas a full-fledged Counselling Department was started. The Victory Hall was enclosed, Computer Department expanded, Personality Development Programmes for the staff and the students were arranged for and a new direction was given to the Club Activities. The all-boys domain of All Saints was thrown open to the girls in 1995 by reserving 1/3rd of its seats for them.
1996 - 2004 ( Rev Bro. Prabhaker Reddy )
Besides being suave and unassuming. Rev. Bro. Prabhaker Reddy radiated cheerfulness and joy all around. He had the fortune of heading the institution for 7 yrs, from 1998 to 2003. The Bro. John of God Sports Block, the Centenary Block that replaced the Jubilee Hall were inaugurated during his time and he also paved a way for the prestigious I.T. Award the school received in 2004. He set to re-establish All Saints hold on Montfort Games and Sports.
2004 - 2007 ( Rev. Bro. M. A. George )
Rev. Bro. M. A. George, took office at a critical time. With a man of such vast experience. the school is reaping the benefits in all spheres — Curricular and Co-curricular. The zenith of his glory was receiving the coveted All India Award for Computer Education from the hands of the President of India, Shri. Abul Kalam Azad. The period was full of celebrations: in 2003. Centenary of the Brothers arrival in India for which he was the General Convenor and then took active participation in the celebration of the Golden Jubilee of St. Mark’s Boys Town and St. Paul’s High School. This was followed by the Sesquicentenary Celebration (150 years) of All Saints’ in the year 2005 and in 2008 the 75th Anniversary of the Montfortian presence in All Saints’. The construction activity continued with the three- floor stage block, housing a Multi-Media and T.T. Hall. One floor above the Centenary Block, the new front entrance with the passage to the primary block, the new Sesquicentenary Block in line with the Centenary Block, additional toilet facilities for girls, and a new primary staff room were the additions made. We are privileged by the fact that he has become one of the Provincial Superior of the newly formed Pune Province.
2007 - 2010 ( Rev. Bro. Sleeva Reedy S )
Rev. Bro. Sleeva Reedy S became the Rector when Bro. M. A. George got appointed as the Provincial Superior of the New Pune Province. His tenure as Rector was marked by his concern for the marginalized. All efforts were made to upgrade the Telugu Medium section; He introduced English as the medium of instruction. He also started the All Saints’ Lifeline to give financial support to the needy students. He infests all with laughter and prayerfulness. Remnants of the pre-independent buildings were razed to ground level to make way for new construction at the site. To facilitate this, during the visit of the Superior General Rev. Bro. Rene Delorme, an agreement was signed with the Arch Bishop of Hyderabad, Most. Rev. Marampudi Joji regarding the demarcation of the property. Part of the building housing the Rectors office, adjoining rooms, one KG. classroom and adjoining areas were handed over to the church.
2010- 2016( Rev. Bro. Shajan Antony )
Rev. Bro. Shajan Antony assumed the leadership of All Saints’ High School in 2010. He initiated many infrastructural improvements such as the Tercentenary Block assigned as the Montfort Preparatory School stands testimony to his futuristic vision. He also brought about a few administrative changes and introduced the role of Academic Co-ordinators for different sections of the school. Technological advancement and capacity building of teachers in its nuances were his forte. Some of them were the introduction of Teach Next, computerized Report Cards, Parent logion system, Aniguru Animation etc. Digital library, Maths Lab, School Website were setup under his patronage. ‘Verve’ the newsletter of All Saints' was also evolved under his guidance. It was through his vigorous and sincere efforts that our school was able to host the visit of His Excellency Late Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, Former President of India who had accepted our invitation and had a memorable interaction with the students. A magnificent and impressive celebration of 160 years of the institution was organized under his guidance. A visionary, an enthusiastic leader, he took confident strides in overcoming all the challenges to continue the legacy of All Saints’.
2016- 2022( Rev. Bro. P.T Sebastian )
Rev. Bro. P.T. Sebastian had worked previously at All Saints’ during the years 1997 to 2000 and later joined us again in 2014 as the Primary Superintendent. He took over the reins of administration of the institution as Rector for a period of six years from 2016-2022. During his tenure, he ensured that the momentum of academic excellence and all round progress continued. His desire to empower the girl child led him to create the ‘Mother's Hall’ (a dining section for girls) and to also construct modern and improvised washrooms for them. The school ground was well secured with a wire-mesh. He also oversaw the construction and completion of Brothers’ Quarters adjacent to the Tercentenary block. During the turbulent period of the pandemic, he left no stone unturned to make sure there was no disruption to the process of education and learning by introducing Online Classes. A creative thinker, an able administrator and a resourceful person. He was approachable and considerate. He enthused the staff to work with synergy and inspired the students to strive to achieve their goals.